turkey talk

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Working together


Everything in nature has a harmony with it. This means things work together. Plant life works with animals. This is demonstrated by the oxygen that a plant produces. Animals breath in oxygen and breath out carbon dioxide which the plant life can use. Some plants are a source of food for animals and some animal's waste is good to fertiliser plants. I like butterflies of different colors. There have been lots of white butterflies around here landing on the different flowers out in the front yard. White butterflies with yellow flowers and white butterflies on orange hibiscus are very colorful combinations of spring. I have also seen Orange butterflies, but not as many. I have also seen earthworms, but not this month of May, because the weather has been so dry. Earthworms like moisture and dark soil places to hide.They tunnel through the soil giving us humans the best part of the soil to plant. However, when we have a good soaking rain the earthworms come out on the driveway, die and shrink down to nothing. If I am ambitious, I could use the earthworms as fish bait. Saturday is the second part of the triple crown race. The race is called The Preakness and the theme song is Maryland My Maryland. The first part was The Kentucky Derby which was won by a horse named Big Brown. The second place winner was destroyed after breaking both of her ankles on the track. She did cross the finish line before she collapsed. Her name was Eight Belles and what a pretty name it was. Hopefully, she will be remembered with fondness. She seemed to serve her purpose of finishing the race. My former boss and friend Georgia lost her friend Pat who was her fiance for a short time. Their relationship was like Romeo and Juliet in reverse. Romeo and Juliet were known as a young lovestruck couple. Georgia and Pat were not young in physical appearance, but they were young at heart. They went places together and seem to agree on things together . Georgia was very protective of Pat and Pat was very loving towards Georgia. I hope he will always have a special place in her heart. The video in the corner ,you have to keep clicking on the white arrow till you get a picture. The picture is of a red rose which reflects the intense color display of flowers in my front yard. Tomorrow will be Friday and I will be switching the Folgers over to Maxwell house. I don't believe I will like it as well. Folgers is a more robust coffee. Friday came and I was able to scape out enough of the Folgers to make one more pot. I am enjoying this morning.


1 Comments:

  • At 5:46 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    Fridays. How special they use to be. I would be so happy when Friday came that I had an expression that nobody could make me upset on a Friday because it was such a joyful day. Why? Because it meant the week-end and two days off. Now that I am retired every day is like a weekend day. But the days seem to be almost as busy as when I was working. I took my tests yesterday for continuing education credits for my x-ray licens. This is what I have been studying for each morning for the past couple of months. I passed them all and now I have enough credits for this year. The "year" goes from birthday to birthday so come August I will have to start accumulating credits for next year. I have to get 12 credits per year. I keep my x-ray license active because if I let it lapse it is too hard to get it back again. At least, that is what happened last time. I had to go to a special testing building here in Orlando and take a very comprehensive exam. It was tough but I got a 94 which made me happy. Guess who is back? The peacock. He returned two days ago. I fed him some bread this morning and he ate it down. I have a large bowl of cracked corn and a tub of water for him in the backyard. A beautiful male peacock who likes to display his feathers. I hadn't seen him for a couple of weeks which made me worried. A new addition here. A baby kitten crawled out from under the shed but went back under as I approached. When I got close I could hear the momma cat growling. She is very protective of her kitten. It was a gray kitten with tiger stripes. Just never a dull moment around here. Gotta go. Have a cool day. Lew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home