turkey talk

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Starting Wednesday


It is Wednesday, the day after the Election in North Carolina and Indiana for the Democrat Primary. I know Obama won in North Carolina, but I think Clinton won by a small margin in Indiana. However, I haven't really read any articles yet or seen the TV on the election yet. I just settle in with my warm cup of coffee and my calm thoughts which are just trickling in my brain. I know what I can gripe about today and possibly the rest of the week and the summer. The return of the 90 degree temperature. It should stimulate the It's so hot jokes although I don't know any right now. It's so hot my coffee stays hot even before the dawn. My friend Lew will have to do a lot more watering of his sunflowers if he wants them to stay healthy. I had to get a couple of buckets of water for my wilted flowers in the backyard. Their leaves were sagging from thirst so the water seem to help perk them up. Lew takes great pictures. I like the sunflower seeds budding out of the ground. However, the ant pictures remind me how unwanted the ants are about hanging around. They make lots of tunnels in the ground and you also see more of them when a lot of rain is coming. The ants are a part of the summer life. I will truly miss the cooler weather with the fresh air and the less intense sun. I like a slightly breezy day where it is fun to hang out loads of clothes on the clothes line and they dry in a couple of hours. Also the cooler weather keeps the no see ums away. The no see ums are like tiny gnats that leave big welts and kind of ruin being outdoors. Time for Star trek TV and a bit more coffee.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:51 AM, Blogger Villager said…

    What a pleasant start for Wednesday morning in May to read your calm and studious reflections. I would add to the observations about ants and the insects that warm weather brings out, there are now the Love Bugs. It's their season too, and all we can do is squash and wash them away. Keep smiling.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home