turkey talk

Monday, April 28, 2008

Sunday Afternoon


Yesterday, mom took me to the fishing area below the South Bridge where we saw lots of boats traveling both directions on the Intercoastal Waterway. There was a sail boat that had a white sail looking like part of a pair of pants capturing a cup of wind. It was a big cup of wind,because the sail was full and slightly leaning to one side. There was also one sail boat towing another sail boat with their sails down and motors running. Party people on both boats out for a day of fun and I suppose some mixed drinks too. These were two photo opportunities I missed along with the wedding party my mom told me about which she checked out. It was an outdoor wedding underneath a tent. The reception was inside the Senior Center which use to be the old library. The new library is like the sister one in a neighboring city. Underneath the South Bridge, I could see the seagulls and the pelicans capturing a whole variety of wind currents going every direction you could imagine. There was a brown pelican that landed in the water close to where the fishermen had their poles and he was swimming with his duck like feet with such straight strokes. He did know where he wanted to go and was well in control. He got out of the water and onto a rock where he posed for some pictures I took and for two curious girls to climb down some dangerous rocks and call to him which he totally ignored. It seemed like these two girls were fearless and were just looking for some adventure not worrying about being on a ledge which if they fell would land them in some water that would be hard to get out for a human. I was older and could see the dangers and would never take a chance like they did. I play it safe and sometimes too safe. However, I am here to write another day. This is Monday and my friend Lillian left her computer on, but I am sure she will get to work on time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home