turkey talk

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Remembering a Buster story


My mom got up early, because she smelled smoke. This usually means there is a forest fire someplace and the smoke will stay for a couple of days until we get a good rain or wind to wash the odor away. My friend Dee has a dog and trusted companion she has to give up, because of illness and it isn't easy to do. Many a time in the past this task of putting a dog to sleep was placed on my dad's shoulders. My dad went through this without crying, but I know he must have cried on the inside. He was a very caring person who loved dogs except for the one he picked out named Buster. Buster had a mind of his own and listen to no one in the family. He like dared us to try and catch him. It usually took a strange who buttered his ego up or just a stranger that he would approach and be able to be caught. Buster finally died of old age and my sister was the one to inherit this dog, because she had a nice piece of land that buster could run and play on. When Buster went to live with my sister, he didn't have the challenge of running away from people so he mostly stayed at home. When mom and I took Buster to my sister's house, he had to be calmed down with medication which made him snore while mom was driving. Also he produced some bad odors which we were grateful when we let him out of the car when we got to my sister's house.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home