turkey talk

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!


It seems to be a lovely morning inside an air conditioned house. I am on my second cup of chocolate cherry cordial coffee from Barnie's coffee. It was kind of warm and humid yesterday, but the clothes did dry on the clothes line. The crows are still there, occupying the nest and it was less windy yesterday. Today is Mother's day and that was the sermon at the local Catholic Church. It was all about how great mothers are and what a difference they make in their children's lives. The man pictured here is my cousin from San Jose, California. His name is Franklin. He is sometimes known as Frankie or Frank and he works as a security guard in San Jose. Franklin is a lot of fun when we comes to visit us here in Florida. He usually likes to go to the attractions like Disney, Universal and Busch Gardens. He hasn't done Sea World or the Cape yet. Last evening, I was talking with my Uncle Perry from San Jose which is also Franklin's dad about what the weather is like in California and Florida. Plus, what conditions are like to travel to Europe. This was one of the things Perry said that he would like to do is to see different parts of Europe. He was interested in Russia, Leningrad, Berlin, and Scotland. He didn't seem to care for England, Ireland or the main parts of France. My Uncle Perry and my mom both share a love of Politics. They both love the Democrats and have strong views on the way Politicians should run the country. My Uncle Perry and my mom also have a past love of Indiana. They both have separate memories, but some of them are common and permanently planted in their minds as something good. My Uncle graduated a year before my mom did, but it was my mom who got a reunion notice. She was pleased it wasn't being held at a Country Club. It was being held at a park where the people in charge would serve Pizza and the next night a dinner at the local lodge. I talked with my sister this morning and she put in a hard day at work yesterday. She said it began at seven in the morning and didn't end until six at night. She does a lot of physical labor, because she is a hired ranch hand. She feeds horses, cleans stalls and gives hay out to the horses. Plus, she rides a tractor, and cleans out water tubs where the horses drink. I guess I will catch a little bit of the news and take my last snooze and start the day.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Villager said…

    First this morning, before reading today's blog, I was served an enormous turkey size breakfast; scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, grits, cooked tomatoes, all delicious, and prepared by the blog writer. What a happy start to Today. Next, the new blog: A good read. I am so happy I raised a Rider/Writer.

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger Lew said…

    Your cousin Franklin reminds me of Hoyt Axton, One of my favorite country/western singers. He also appeared in the movie Gremlins as the inventor.
    I go to a site called classmates.com. You type in your town and year of graduation and it gives a list of all of your classmates who have also listed themselves on the site. It is a nice site because they list the reunions and you can leave messages for individuals. I left a message for Gene who had inspired me with his stamp collection which I still carry today.
    I am glad that your mom (or mum as they say in England) had a good mothers day. Have a good day and when the going gets hot, go to the movies at the air conditioned mall.
    Take Care, Lew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home