turkey talk

Friday, September 19, 2008

Weekend on the Coast


Today the candidate Barrack Obama comes to Daytona's Bethune Cookman College to a sold out crowd of free tickets. My mom's friend Janice stood in line for three and a half hours before getting her free ticket. She called my mom hoping that my mom would have a ticket and they could ride to Daytona together. My mom let Janice know that she did not have a ticket. However, she recommend a couple other people from the local Democratic Club to call and see if they had any tickets. Janice didn't want to go to the event alone. Mom wished her well and hopefully Janice will go have the experience of a life time hearing Obama speak. Mom and I will hear about it on the news. The news is a great source of getting the story without blending in with a great crowd. The Republican Vice Presidential Candidate Sarah Palin is suppose to speak at an open forum on Sunday. The tickets were still being given out according to the news. The news covered her landing at Orlando International Airport like they would cover a space shuttle mission coming in for a landing. She had brought her family along. I am sure Sarah will work it into her Sunday speech. Both my sister and my mom love Sarah's square frame glasses. They are the latest trend. My sister and my mom think they would be making a fashion statement if they got glasses like Sarah Palin. The Caylee/ Casey story has turned into a stagnant side show of protester brawls between the Protesters and The Anthony family. It seems Casey will be sunk with all the fraud charges if her attorney doesn't come around with a good defense. The news is saying Casey could get sixty-five years for the fraud charges. This doesn't even deal with the missing Casey Anthony's case of child neglect. One thing is for sure is more than likely a movie deal will emerge out of this case.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:24 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    Strange that I don't see any people with metal detectors in the picture. In the past they always seemed to be present on the beach. The play of light on the clouds makes for a great picture. Like something on a picture puzzle box. I went to the library yesterday and got a bunch of videos to watch in case there isn't anything on television tonight. I always like to get 3 or 4 videos so if I don't like one I just slip a different one into the DVD. Have a cool day. Lew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home