turkey talk

Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11, 2008 poetry comes today


What day is it

What shall it be

September 11 staring back at me

It comes around once a year

Bringing our country to mourn in unity

Here today and gone tomorrow

Life goes on with one less sorrow
The grey skies came to New Smyrna yesterday, but we didn't get the rain which we kind of need. I hope we get some rain today to make the plants grow. I planted a butterfly flower plant along the side of the house. I hope it takes root and grows. I also would like to see the butterflies use it and enjoy it. There isn't much else happening here. I heard Casey maybe arrested again, but it hasn't happened yet. Also, what do you make of all the protesters? I haven't figured that one out yet.


2 Comments:

  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    My absolute favorite flowers are marigolds. Yellow, orange reddish-brown and all combinations in between. I like the smell that they have but you have to be real close to smell them. When I was growing up my mother had only two types of flowers growing alongside the house: pansies which always looked so delicate and Lilies-of-the-Valley which I liked because the white bell-shaped flowers. But the yellow forsythia bush (thanks for the name Glendora) in the back yard was such a blaze of bright yellow color. It was my mom's favorite because she had planted and it had grown so well. And so many yellow flowers that covered every inch of the bush. Get a picture of the butterfly plant and post it so everybody can see what it looks like. One picture is worth a thousand words (like you haven't heard that old adage before). Have a nice day. Lew

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger ღღ Š î $↕ Ŧ ۞ ღღ said…

    traveling in the web of the past are here
    beautiful sea
    I leave you a saluto.Sisifo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home