turkey talk

Thursday, September 04, 2008

A lunch to remember


This is a picture of Lillian and the owner of the Italian place where we ate lunch yesterday, while traveling to Orlando. Lillian corrected me on the potential date of her marriage. She stated it would be April 5, 2009 when I was thinking April 16, 2009. The date is not carved in stone and is subject to change. Mom and I both ate spaghetti. Mom had regular spaghetti with meat sauce and mushrooms and salad. I had angel hair spaghetti with mushrooms and onion soup. Lillian had chicken cacciatore with spaghetti. There were big yeast rolls served with butter and a dish of olive oil and chopped up garlic cloves. The lunch was pleasant with soft Italian instrumental CD music which I knew the songs well. I have the singing versions on my CDs' which I brought in the truck with me. My truck has a CD player which I was listening to music on the way into Orlando. However, on the way home the music was not playing. Mom and I talked and looked at the sights on the way home. Both of us looked at how high the water had risen in the St. John's River. It was almost at the stage where it would flood the road.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:21 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    Is the restaurant in Orlando? What is its name? Mary wants me to take her to an Italian restaurant for her birthday in October and so I would be interested in the name. Did Lillian have to work that day? Today we go to Fashion Square Mall to look at the Comfort brand of beds. These are the type that blows up and each person can adjust the amount of air on their side. The house is wood and so can't have a waterbed. An air mattress is the next best thing to a waterbed. We both like a very soft mattress and figure with an air mattress, the degree of firmness can be adjusted by how much air or lack thereof for softness. When I lived in Miami, I had a waterbed and a cat. I found out the hard way that cats and waterbeds are not a good combination. At first I couldn't figure out where the water was coming from. Yep, a couple of pin hole leaks about the size of a cats claw. I tried patching the hole but it didn't hold and so the mattress had to be replaced. But back to the picture. Did you notice the richness of the wood on the wall by Lillians right shoulder? Is this a fancy restaurant? Expensive? I am glad that you had a good time. Did Lillian mention when she would be leaving Radiation Control? I would be interested in attending her going away party. I am sure that it will be well attended with a lot of the old timers in attendance. Gotta go for now. Have a good day. Lew

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    I forgot to mention. While out shopping today at Fashion Square Mall we are going to stop at an Arby's and get one of their new barbeque beef sandwiches for $ 0.99. It should be really good, especially since I like barbeque. I think that they must be running a special price on it because it is a new sandwich. We saw the commercial for it on TV. Lew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home