turkey talk

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I hope there is good television on Tuesday night


I am envious of all the changes my friend Lillian will be undertaking in moving to Delaware. She will be seeing the changing of the leaves in the Fall. She will get to see the new flowers of Spring after she is married April 16, 2009. She will feel the leftover coolness of Winter in February when she goes apartment hunting with her husband to be for her parents. She will be moving all her belongings out of her apartment into a U-haul truck. I also imagine she will probably include her parent's clothes and furniture items on the trip to Delaware. She also has to take her car to Delaware. I suggested the Auto train which she said she is thinking about. She does not look forward to driving her car to Delaware. Lillian would leave her job behind for someone else to fill. She also would leave the crime of Pine Hills which I don't think she will miss. I think she will make a beautiful Jewish bride at a wonderful Jewish wedding.
This is a picture of my sister Glendon with her cat Midnight Cowboy scrunched on the ground in the background. He is a total black cat and blends in well with the green grass and the brick patio which he is laying on. This is the kind of outfit my sister would wear when feeding or working with her horses. She would also dress like this if she wanted to mow the lawn. She also has a pet turkey, many chickens which give her up to six eggs a day. She has two dogs Soldier and Morgan. She has three cats Midnight Cowboy, Mink, and Alley Cat. Alley Cat is also her favorite cat. Alley gets the run of the house. He comes in and goes outside when he wants. Alley sleeps on Glendon's lap when it looks good. Alley runs across Glendon's keyboard when she is typing on the computer. Alley hate the fans on the ceiling. It scares him away. When Alley is outside and wants in he climbs on the window screens for attention. He usually gets in.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:37 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    I am sorry to hear about Lillian leaving. It is both a big move and a big decision. I wish her well. Who will be organizing the parties now? Since she is a former Disney employee, I know that she will miss Orlando. She is going to freeeeeze up there. Her body is acclimated to the heat. Your sister’s dress is appropriate. I worked taking care of horses one summer in Pennsylvania. Feeding and cleaning stalls. Have you tried lying in that hammock in the background? I have never been able to master the kind that has a single attachment at each end. They always spin when I get in and dump me face first on the ground. I have seen others do it and they don’t seem to have any problem. There4 must be a knack to it. I always had the type which had two widely spaced attachments at the head to give lots of stability. It was great in the summer to lie in the hammock under a shade tree and watch the clouds roll by. The large temperature gauge on the tree indicates the temperature to be 74 degrees. It must have been a very pleasant day. The greenness of all of the vegetation is nice. After having lived in dry, arid, brown, desert of Arizona for almost 15 years I have developed an appreciation for the green of vegetation. Everything was brown. The people even painted their houses tan with brown trim. Nice picture and hope that the temperature in New Smyrna is 74 degrees like Williston. Think cool. Lew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home