turkey talk

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Opinions are treasures needing to be kept safe


My mom did her volunteer work at the Democratic club in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. She spent 3 hours from noon to three manning the phones. She said nothing really exciting happened this week. I heard all sorts of news which I thought would be a buzz in mom's office. Tom Feeney with his mysterious packages arriving in the mail. Hillary Clinton making an appearance in Kissimmee, Florida to promote Obama. Mom's office is very close to Susan Kosmos who is running against Tom Feeney. I am hoping Susan defeats Tom to bring about change. Tom seems detached from the everyday person. I think Susan will try and be more in touch by listening to what people have to say about issues.
As far as Hillary goes, I believe she will be loved by a crowd where ever she appears. I along with millions of other people are sad she was not chosen to be the Democratic Candidate to represent the people. She is highly qualified. However her opponent Barrack Obama pulled ahead with the electoral votes and acquired the position. Between the two Hillary would be my choice, but I do like the ideas of what Barrack stands for in regards to bringing the troops home. I have seen enough struggling with the job market and the gas prices. The economy needs to turn around. I will be looking for a job and I want a variety of jobs. I like working close to home. I spent years working in Orlando and driving back and forth only to be terminated for a second time. I figured I put in my time and should be rewarded with a job close to home. This would give me a way to save some money and not just break even. I feel Barrack Obama is more in tune with the struggles of everyday working class people than his opponent John McCain. This is just my opinion on politics.
On others issues like the picture of my former co-worker Dick Brunelle and my former lunch buddy Lillian Weitzel. Dick smiled for the camera, but was more involved in eating than making conversation with other people there. He did mentioned about his canoe and how people living around the lake where he lives took his canoe without his permission and left it on the other side of the lake. Fortunately, Lillian helped him move the canoe to his outdoor patio where he can keep a better eye on it. I would have liked Dick to talk more on subjects he likes such as music and dance. Dick use to teach ballroom dance at Arthur Murray's dance studio over on the West Coast of Florida. Lillian did not smile for the picture. I wonder if she is worried about the wedding which she has to work out a lot of details. She has set the date for April 5, 2009, but hasn't decided on a location yet. The food, guest ,entertainment and the invitations must weigh heavy on her mind. I didn't get a picture of my mom, Theresa Wright or Linda who is Georgia's daughter. Linda is quite knowledgeable about the State run Economic Services program. I was impressed by the way she described no one could get through on their phone system. Theresa was always a close friend of Dick and a former co-worker. She is legally blind, but does work through her church. She was still a great worker at Closed Files. She knew where things were which is very important. The last two people Linda Weaver who will retire in January with thirty years and my mom who drove me to the lunch in and back home. They both put in their time. Linda Weaver plans to move to Ocala after retiring. I figure I will never hear from her again. She also said her former co-worker Danny Platt got rid of his phone so he has tuned out anything to do with the State or former State employees.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    Have you ever thought of signing up with one of those temp agencies like Kelly's services. They will match you up with the type of job that you want. I worked for a medical one here in Orlando for a while. It was pretty good. As for lillian not smiling in her picture, she looks to be hot. I know that it is hard for me to smile when it is hot. But it could be wedding stress also. I have heard of many engagements getting into problems with all of the problems that the bride runs into having to make all of the wedding arrangements. It seems like the chores of making the wedding arrangements seems to fall on the bride. And the bridesmaids often squabble over the color of their dresses. Store bought or hand maid (I saw that once). And so on. And the poor bride has to resolve all of these conflicts. It is a lot of stress and gets worse as the wedding draws nearer. Have a cool day. Who said that it starts to get cooler after September 1? Lew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home