turkey talk

Friday, September 05, 2008

Weekend has arrived



This is a picture of my mom and my friend Lillian. Lillian was gathering ideas on where to hold a wedding because the Jewish Community Center in Maitland, Florida was all booked up. This is the outside of the restaurant where we had the nice Italian lunch.
Thursday evening mom and I went to the beach entrance on the North end. We had bought a loaf of bread from Publix for 89 cents which I fed one half and mom fed the other half to the seagulls.The gulls were more interested in where mom was located. She was close to the water where the sandpiper birds hunt for food. I fed closer to the local restaurant called The Breakers. I was joined by a little guy with a grown up attitude. He was showing me the correct way to feed a seagull. I listened a little and fed my way. Mom came and I gave her the bread so she fed with better results. I climbed the steps leading back to my car. I did wait for mom to return and we both admired the burning red sunset with dark rain clouds dancing around.
I forget what we watched on television, but I know I missed John McCain's acceptance speech. I know I watched some of the latest Casey/Caylee stories and the latest weather reports on Hurricane Ike. It does look like mom and I will be paying my sister a visit.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    I am worried about hurricane Ike also. I guess since it is a male name I should say himacaine to be "politically correct" as they say. The "himacaine" Ike reminds me a lot of hurricaine Andrew which did so much damage. Since the sky is overcast and it should be breezy, today should be a good day to do some outside work. Well, you made a bunch of seagulls happy by feeding them an entire loaf of bread. They went to bed with a full belly and had a good nights sleep and pleasant dreams of gobbling up the bread. Do animals dream? I think so. Our chihuahua wil move his legs while asleep as if he were chasing something and make subdued barking-type noises. So I am pretty sure that he is dreaming. Also, the dog snores at times. Thats right, a chihuahua that snores. Amazing but true. Have a nice day. Lew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home