turkey talk

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Tuesday is fun at home


The rains are suppose to be returning today through Thursday due to Hurricane Ike. Hurricane Ike is passing South of mom and I , but we should be getting some of the outer feeder bands. The rain is good for keeping plants growing. My new butterfly plant will have to go into the ground and start growing. The coffee I made this morning helps perk my brain cells up.
This is a picture of my former Supervisor Georgia Linderman and me. We were part of a group of past file clerks with the State of Florida called Closed Files. We ate lunch together at Golden Coral in Orlando, Florida. The food was good as I always remembered. I have a paper napkin on my shirt acting as a bib for food which might spill on my shirt. As I see the picture, I would have removed the bib to look a bit more attractive. There were two people I did not get with my camera. One was Georgia's daughter Linda and the other was my mom. I didn't really want to disturb people while they were eating, but I still don't think I took enough pictures. Lunch was good for everyone because it was a buffet. There were great varieties of food to pick and choose from.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    If you grow up in an Italian neighborhood as I did it was common to see people eating with their napkins tucked into their shirt to cover it. It didn't matter if they had a business suit on, on went the napkin. I went over to my friend Artie Marcello house once not knowing that they were eating supper. I got to see into the dining room and there they were with the napkins on their chests. It was just like out of a Godfather movie. The other thing that amazed me was the size of the loaf of Italian bread on the table. It was huge and they were eating the bread like crazy along with the spaghetti. Artie told me that the four of them (mother, father, brother, and sister) would eat the entire loaf during supper. And yes, this is the same Artie Marcello that I pushed down into the snow to greedily grab the $ 1.00 bill that had blown from afar and was lying gently on top of a fresh snowfall. I never mastered the art of eating spaghetti without getting small red spatters of the sauce on my shirt. Perhaps I should wear a red shirt when eating spaghetti. That might work. Well, I hope that you had some red velvet cake while at the Golden Corral. Enjoy the day. Lew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home