turkey talk

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday is trash day and recycle day


I do like my hot cup of coffee in the morning. I don't know what kind of substitute I could use if I could not have my cup of coffee. De Cafe coffee doesn't have the same zip the regular coffee has. Right now the world seems pretty OK. I am enjoying the cool air conditioning, lights are on in the kitchen and the quiet hum of the refrigerator vibrates in my ears. I didn't get to go out the last two nights, because of the weather. Sometimes we would have nights which were hot and muggy. Plus the little no-seeums bite all the wrong places.The outside weather needs to be in the 60's at night and maybe the 80's during the day. I would enjoy cooler weather more than today's weather. Mom and I did get the well pump fixed yesterday. The guy came out and worked for about three hours replacing the pump and the pipe fixtures. It was nice when he got it all together and it worked.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:58 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    Is the pump down in the well or above ground? Ours is above ground but the next door neighbor had their pump at the bottom of the well on the end of the well pipe. To replace the pump, the man had to bring what looked like a small drill rig and pull all 140 feet of the well pipe up section-of-pipe by section-of-pipe. The 140 feet of well pipe was badly rusted and so it all had to be replaced. He put a new pump on the end of the first section of pipe going into the well hole with over 140 feet of electrical wire trailing up the middle of the pipe all the way up to the ground and the electrical supply. Well, now you and your mom should be set for a good long time. Lew

     
  • At 6:01 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    Just a quick comment on the picture. In this picture there doesn't look to be much beach erosion. Lew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home