turkey talk

Friday, June 13, 2008

Sunny Friday


This is a good morning for a hot cup of coffee. I poured some Greenwise Organic Reduced Fat milk in it and it does not taste like TGLEE. I like milk to have a full body taste. I remember my family use to get Cumberland milk and it was pretty good. TGLEE milk is at CVS which is pretty close to where I live. The only downside is the price of milk seems to be going up. This is a sunset picture of the beach. I like how the warmth feel of the coffee trickles down my throat. I also can not believe the way the landscape of the beach has changed with the sand re nourishment project. It now seems like the land is flatter and further out than before. It is also hard from the walkway enclosure to tell where the small drop off hill is located. I wonder if that will eventually get smoothed out. It was so hot and humid yesterday that it felt better to be indoors with the air conditioning running. I hope at least we do get a sea breeze. I can enjoy the day much better if there is a breeze blowing.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    When I first moved to Florida my parents lived in a duplex in Miami which had no air conditioning. My car which was a 1955 Mercury also didn't have air conditioning. Looking back I don't know how we survived without air conditioning. Of course during the summer I would go to the Olympia movie theater in downtown Miami and pay a quarter for the matinee. It was air conditioned. I didn't care what was playing, I just wanted to sit in the air conditioning and be cool. The Olympia theater was huge and was like a palace inside. Very ornate decorations, statues, red velvet carpeting, etc. It was just magnificent. I use to do this quite frequently. It was worth the quarter. I was working at a grocery store and so I could afford it. I was lucky that my car had electric windows. So like the old saying goes, I had "440 air conditioning" in my car. That is 4 windows down and 40 miles an hour. It really wasn't all that bad. For some reason the heat didn't bother me back then like it does today. Stay cool, stay close to your air conditioner, and if all else fails open the refrigerator door and let the cold air blow onto you. Lew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home