turkey talk

Friday, June 06, 2008

Friday starts the weekend



Both Holly and Berry went home with their original owners Howard and Eileen. Berry still wasn't feeling good, but Holly made up for the excitement by waging her tail and kissing her owner Howard. When mom and I went to pick up Berry at the Vet's office, the Vet told us she had a messed up spleen. Howard would have to bring her in the next day for x-rays. What happens next to Berry will be up to Howard and the Vet. Mom and I are out of the picture. This is a new day where we can turn off the air and open up the house and let it air out for awhile. We also can vacuum, mop and wash sheets, clothes and pillow cases. I also don't have to go outside before daylight and get my self bitten up by bugs. I have felt such a great sense of relief. Something heavy lifted off my shoulders. Mom made chicken noodle soup which I had for lunch and dinner. Today, I have no idea what we will eat.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Lew said…

    Unfortunate for the dog but as I understand it, people can live without their spleen. Sometimes it is removed after an accident and they do just fine. I would assume that would be true of dogs also. Today we stopped at Captain D's fast food fish restaurant. We had a couple of coupons for the two piece fish meal. We got two pieces of fish that ahad a nice crisp batter coating on it, a generous serving of coleslar, french fries which had a crispness to them, two hush puppies plus a drink. It was very filling and we ate late around 2:00 pm so we are not very hungry for supper and may have something light later on. Stay cool. Lew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home