turkey talk

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Tuesday is pretty still

There was a nice little rain last night. It covered the grass which is turning brown around the edges. Mom told me this morning that the local newspaper for New Smyrna Beach is ceasing to function. The Observer is disbanding and thirteen people are out of work. I hate loosing a local paper, because it covers what happens around in the community. This is a reflection of hard economic times when a newspaper can not function in today's economy. The gas prices are at an unreal four dollars a gallon. This causes all sorts of items from food to clothing to increase in price. They have to cover transportation cost to get their items to market. The weatherman said the rain would start around 3 in the afternoon. It is pretty sunny and still. There does not seem to be a breeze blowing. The sky is blue and the sun flower is still poking it's head towards the street. Mom picked a couple of gardenia's for the kitchen vase sitting on top of the kitchen table. She also included a red hibiscus flower. The video is of Holly whom I have been writing about and taking her out for small walks. We go out into the backyard and I sit in the glider swing while she rolls on her back scratching her itch. We also go on pretend car rides. I sit her in the back seat of mom's car with the door open on my side. We sit their for a while. She thinks and eventually lays down next to me. When I feel like I have enough time in the car. I carry her out. She doesn't want to go, but she agrees. Thursday, Holly gets her buddy Berry back from the Vet. The reunion should be cool to watch. I expect there will be lots of play between the two dogs.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Lew said…

    Kitchen tables. Probably not like the old days. The kitchen table that my parents and a lot of other people had was enamel painted metal. Very plain and simple. But everybody had one and so that is what I thought that they should looke like. Don't forget to take some movies with your camera of the doggie reunion. Don't forget to charge your cameras batteries also so that they will be fresh. Crab and baked (microwave) potato for supper. Mary had coconut shrimp with baked potato also. Rye toast on the side. Hamburgers ala Lew for supper tomorrow night. Lunch tomorrow will be at Taco Bell. Just always doing a variety of things which keeps life interesting. Stay cool. Lew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home