turkey talk

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Still waiting for cool air




This brings back a few memories. I think the picture was taken by my former lunch buddy Lillian. I haven't heard from her since she returned from Delaware. This is a picture of mom and I before going to see "Phantom of the Opera" playing at the Bob Carr. I even forgot what year this picture was taken. I remember I had been flayed off from a State of Florida job and I had a fun opportunity to sing for a pair of tickets to see the show. It was a challenge to sing something from Phantom of the Opera for thirty seconds in front of a TV box set up at the mall. My name was called by Channel Six and the tickets were mine. Mom and I stayed at a motel in Orlando overnight. Lillian came and joined us for a short time before the show. I enjoyed the show really well. Speaking of well, mom and I made it to Glendon's place ok and the animals look to be in fine shape. Glendon is doing good. I got up too early so the coffee is not made yet. I am waiting for the real cool air to arrive which I haven't encountered yet.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:24 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    Not to worry about the cool air coming. It is coming. Then of course, so is Christmas, so I am not sure how much of a reassurance that was. On the TV weather this morning they are predicting the overnight temperatures to get down into the 60's here in Orlando for the next five days. But being on the coast your temperatures may be moderated by the warm ocean waters. Have a nice day and be patient for the cooler weather. Lew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home