turkey talk

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Saturday in Williston


Saturday is a busy morning with the rooster crowing and my sister Glendon getting ready for work. She fixed a pot of oatmeal which I haven't ate yet. This is a picture of Gator. He has nice strides and Velvet has beautiful gates as well. Glendon finished her oatmeal and is getting ready for a long hard day at work. She stated that next week the cows come in. She has to teach them where to eat. She says they finally learn it by the time they are ready to leave the Vet's school. Last night, I got locked out of the front door of the house. I went out to investigate what I thought was a hen squawking. I didn't see any hen and when I went to try the front door it was locked. I walked with my bare feet onto the asphalt road in front of the walkway outside the front door. I descended into a total black darkness which I could not see stars or any traces of light. The dogs started barking at me and her dog Morgan the lab sort of guided me back where I could see the stars in the night sky. The stars were so crisp looking. There was a plane with a red light flashing. I could pick it out in the sky with no trouble. Glendon left for work and so the day's adventure will soon begin.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    Oatmeal? Oatmeal? Sounds like a scene from Oliver Twist but I think that they called it porridge back then. How about some eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, toast, orange juice, and oatmeal on the side for breakfast. I know that your sister wouldn't have time for all of that, but you and your mom could quietly raid the hen house to get some eggs and make yourself breakfast. Just a thought. Enjoy your time in Williston and spend as much time with your sister and your mom as possible. Time with family is important. It should be getting cool in Williston for you without the moderating effects of the warm ocean water. Do you get to care for and feed all of the various animals while your sister is at work? Sort of like Green Acres on television. Have supper ready for your sister when she arrives home. A pot roast would be nice. Have an enjoyable day. Lew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home