turkey talk

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

March ahead on Tuesday


I greet Tuesday with a warm cup of coffee.This is a picture of my mom and our neighbor Laurel. Laurel wanted to visit the pumpkin patch at her church in New Smyrna Beach. Her church is the Coronado Methodist church and they host the pumpkin sale every year. The coffee is really good this morning. It gently tells my insides to wake up. I think today we will have to return to the use of the air conditioning unit. I believe the cold weather has left for a while. The weather people say we are suppose to get rain later in the week. Tonight is the result show with Dancing with the Stars. I grit my teeth because Cloris Leachman is the one who stands the most chance of being voted off. I did call and get through one time, but this may not be enough to save her for another week. She also said she wanted to stay one more week. I can at least be grateful she scored above a teen score. It was 21 and this isn't bad, but not up to the equal of the other dancers. Both mom and I watched a Barack Obama rally in Orlando with featured speaker Senator Hillary Clinton who threw her total support towards Barack Obama. He in return called her friend and praised her for her dedication. Both people spoke about voting for Barack and hoping for change. It was inspiring, but I am glad mom and I did not join the crowd of thousands of people. I believe we got a good seat in front of the television. As I take my first pill this morning, I am reminded of how I use to place the pills I would give my dog far back in the dog's mouth, closed the mouth and raise the head. After this procedure, I would stroke the neck until the dog swallowed the pill. Hopefully, the dog would not cough up the pill which happened on many occasions. My first pill wasn't large so it should have gone down easy, but it took a little work this morning. Sometimes things just don't go quite right. One down and more to come later on this morning. I do some volunteer work this afternoon and meet mom later on after she gets her new hairdo from her beautician friend Heidi Ann.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Lew said…

    I think that it is only a question of time before Cloris Leachman has to live. Her fans are probably keeping her on the show with their telephone votes. Much like Jerry Springer's fans kept him on Dancing with the Stars for a very long time with their votes. We will see tonight. Are you going the early voting route? We went by the library today amd the lines were real long so we will try again tomorrow. Enjoy the show this evening. Lew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home