turkey talk

Friday, October 24, 2008

The lunchin was a success



It is hard to believe I started working for the State of Florida in this building as a record's clerk many years ago. Yesterday, I ate lunch as Joe the unemployed non plumber at mom's former workplace The Bureau of Radiation Control. They were hosting a lunch to raise money for the United Way Campaign. The lunch cost 5 dollars a person and mom paid for the both of us. Chuck Ness was there and he paid for himself. I am sure Jerry also paid for himself. Randy was there and Steve was there. John Williamson who did the cooking was there and so was Leon. Joe Escalante was there who plans to dance the Hora at Lillian's Wedding. Bill Grimes was not there. Also Harlan mom's former boss was not there. Lew and Mary Dallas did not come and neither did Barbara Welch. It was fun to see where Lillian intends on having the wedding. She still has a lot of details to work out before the big day. The lunch was Bratwurst which was pretty good also homemade potato salad which was really good. There were two sets of bake beans. I got them both. I also grabbed plenty of cut up onion to put on the Bratwurst. I grabbed some chips and spilled some salad dressing on the chips. Ketchup layered the Bratwurst. I also brought along a diet coke to drink. The lunch food was good and the conversation nice. I took a few photos with my camera before leaving for home. I am glad to be home on this rainy Friday. The only trip during the day may be to the store. We have a church concert to attend this evening. I hope the weather will improve by that time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home