turkey talk

Monday, October 06, 2008

It is nice to be back home


I kind of missed the comfortable house at the beach with my cozy couch. I even like my TV with the hard to work remote control. There are certain things I appreciate better when I go on a trip. I guess these are a few for now. I also like having crushed ice in the door. Glendon my sister does not have this feature with her refrigerator. She still has ice trays in her freezer. However, she bought an extra freezer in her garage which we don't have at the beach. We also don't have a garage. We have a carport. We have crabs and she does not. We have pelicans and she does not . She gets about six fresh eggs a day and we have to buy store eggs when we don't bring her eggs home with us. She doesn't have my strong coffee making skills and I am making strong coffee here in my peculator from Target. I tried uploading a picture and it is taking a long time to appear on the blog site. My sister has DSL which makes things move faster. I also like the feature you can download or upload and walk away without it going offline. I would get so frustrated because I would just walk away for a minute or two and I would be disconnected from what I was working on. I just changed pictures thinking this may cut down on the time. Today is garbage day. The garbage people come by fairly early and they pick up the bag, I leave on the curb. I don't know what is on television tonight, but I hope it is something good.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Lew said…

    This picture looks like a "wish I were here" tourist post card that you send to the relatives up north. Such an uncrowded beach is appealing and reminiscent of time past. Tonight is wrestling night. Is your TV at home going to need one of those converter boxes? Get out the Jiffy Pop once again and enjoy tonights television programming with a big bowl of popcorn. Lew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home