turkey talk

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Middle of week and still dry in the house


Hopefully the yard man will come tomorrow. Chicken Eating Charles is needed to cut our wild out of control grass. We don't have a lawn mower now, but if we did, it still would be a major chore to cut the thick grass in the morning heat before the storms come in the afternoon. It has been so unpleasant with the heat and humidity to do outside work. I guess the air condition kind of spoils me. There is a little bit of yard work for the yard trash pick up people who come today. They usually come early so it is good the work is already out on the edge of the front yard.

Many years ago when I was much younger, I remember Summer vacations in Indiana at my Granddad's place along the Tippy Canoe River where the weather wasn't so hot and humid. There were shade trees in his backyard and a big hill bank that went down to the river. My Grandad had wooden stairs that would lead down to the bank, but they were broken. We used the neighbor's dock and stairs to go down to go fishing. My Grandad taught me about earthworms on how to collect them from a compost pile. How to bait them on a hook. How to toss the fishing line in the water and he was there to rescue my fishing line when it got caught in the rocks.
I just heard the train this morning. Maybe the sun will come out this morning and I can dry some clothes on the clothes line. However for now, it is still dark and I have a bed to curl up in. Maybe watch a little TV and get some shut eye, before daylight activities start. Wednesday will be a good day.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:05 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    Congratulations on your solar clothes dryer. When I lived in Phoenix, AZ there was a big thing on solar energy. We use to jokingly sat that our houses had a solar energy system. And if you wanted to see it work, just come on over to my house in August. But there was also a solar clothes dryer being sold in the stores. It was a box that said solar clothes dryer on the outside. When you opened the box there was a clothes line and some clothes pins inside. It was a joke/novelty item. I wish that I had bought one as a souvenir. ou grandfathers place sounds very similar to Addie Dingmans cabin. A very relaxing and at-peace place from simpler times.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home