turkey talk

Monday, January 24, 2011

January past and present


It has been twenty five years since "The Challenger Accident" which destroyed the first space shuttle. I read a book a while back where the author blames the managers for ignoring symptoms of a flawed shuttle just to make a deadline. I feel this situation will be repeated in the future of the space program because it is being made more common by turning the operation over to private industry. In general, I feel private industry is more for making a deadline than to place safety first. They take risk. There is a television show on Sunday nights which I just love called " Undercover Boss." The concept brings to light what a worker does to serve his company. The boss learns of the struggles and pledges to make the worker's life better. I applaud the effort.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:53 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    I am worried about this next shuttle mission. It just seems to be plagued with bad luck. All of the cracks in the foam on the external fuel tanks, the wife of one of the astronauts gets shot and the other astronaut injures his hip while bicycling. Plus all of the delays. I will be glad when their shuttle mission is over and they are safely back on solid ground. Lew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home