turkey talk

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Keeping a mental list


I have been composing a mental list of items I want to get at the local stores. I want to get coffee at the dollar store. The dollar store sells eight o'clock coffee for 4 dollars a bag. Plus, I have a coupon for a dollar off if I buy two bags. Mom wrote down on the list some vanilla extract. I didn't realize we were low. I will be sure to include this on my mental list. Maybe a little clover honey from Publix to sweeten up my coffee. There are probably other items which I will be including on my list, but for now this is a good start. This Sunday we will be having bacon and eggs. This will be a nice change from the sausage and gravy we have been eating for the past two weekends. I wonder what my friend Lew will be having for his big breakfast? I will keep watching for an e-mail.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Lew said…

    We also shop at family dollar in attempt to save a little money. But what they offer is limited and so the majority of the shopping is done at Wal-Mart. Eight o'clock coffee. I use to work at A&P, the Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company which is what the intials A&P stood for. At the time I was under the impression that the eight o'clock coffee was the store brand of the A&P grocery chain. I only drink Maxwell House instant coffee. It is what I like best in coffee. I have about a third of a jar left. I dread when the jar is empty and I am going to have to buy another jar at the new prices. How about some orange honey instead of the clover honey? We ate recently at Texas Longhorn Steakhouse. They served honey butter with their bread. I liked it because as a child I loved putting honey butter on toast. It was so sweet and good. Even better than cinnamon and sugar on toast. All of this talk about food is making me hungry. I have to go now so I can get a twinkie out of the refrigerator. Have a good day. Lew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home