turkey talk

Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday a new start to a new week




Monday is the start of a new week. Garbage goes out today. Usually we have a lot today because it builds up over the weekend. The new movie Wall-ee comes out on DVD tomorrow. I saw it at the movie theater and just loved it. He is a cross between short circuit and ET. We will have plenty of leftover meatloaf for lunch and dinner sandwiches. I love the cooler weather. It is totally nice for sleeping underneath the warm blankets at night. It is also a good excuse for sleeping in late. It was too cool to get up. There were some photo shots from yesterday which did not turn out too clear. There was one of two girls sitting on top of a lifeguard stand. I took the shot from a distance and the picture was kind of fuzzy. Plus later in the evening the lighting isn't as good. The picture I did decide to use is of a sunset which has some warm glowing yellow colors which blend together nicely in the evening sky. I had a leftover piece of sausage biscuit which I heated in the microwave. It tasted pretty good. The coffee has been cut back to artificial sweetener. I had been using gall berry honey as flavoring. This brand of honey is suppose to be good for allergies. We are running real low and won't make a honey run until Thursday. Right now, I believe mom and I will be going to the Thanksgiving lunch at the Holiday House on Lee Road. This will be my first time at the new location. I do miss the old location next to what use to be Ben white Raceway where horses in jog carts were raced. My ex brother in law was a trainer there. He traveled the circuit down from New York. Meanwhile, I will just enjoy the changes to the new Holiday House and more than likely overstuff on the turkey dinner. I hope for a good future ahead and love the cooler weather now.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:39 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    Flannel sheets. When I was just a young lad in grade school, my mother would put flannel sheets on the bed when the weather got really cold. I was so grateful for that because the linen sheets were so very cold in the winter months that it made getting into bed an agonizing process. And once I got under the covers and everything warmed up just a little, I didn't dare move because the sheets on either side of me were the original icy cold temperature. Although I knew that the flannel sheets had to be the same temperature as the linen sheets, for some reason they just seemed to feel warmer. I used the flannel sheets in Miami during the winter months but they aren't used here in Orlando. And how about flannel lined Levi's? I could go through the deepest snow in New York when I had the flannel lined jeans on and not be cold. My mom would also put me into an extremely thick jacket called a parka. I could hardly move my arms because the sleeves were so thick with insulation. I sort of looked like the Michelin tire man. But hats? No way. I just didn't like wearing hats in the winter in New York. Ear muffs were okay, but not hats. And I still don't like wearing hats. Although now that I am living in Florida when I wear hats it is for protection from the sun instead of snow. Have a nice day. Lew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home