turkey talk

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Busy can be fun


I made this over excited video of last night's shuttle launch of "The Endeavor. " The launch seemed to happen so fast that my thinking process went out the door. I did not set up where to take the best angle shot for the launch. Instead, the first shot I get is of the moon and then swinging the camera over in a frantic motion I got the lights of someones carport across the street. Finally in a shaky fashion I focus in on the light merging in between two houses which grew brighter until the shuttle light emerged in full glory. Last night I felt I gave the worst spokesman a run for his money. I sounded like I was at a football game giving a blow by blow description of what play was being executed. "I heard this is the last shuttle ever," I stated in a frantic voice. However, after the shuttle made its rise to fame the light started to dim. The separation of the Solid Rocket Boosters occurred creating a smaller dimmer light which almost faded totally out. My voice followed in this fashion. It slowly sounded like someone letting air out of a tire. The power and excitement was being deflated and replaced by a disappointed drained the show is over personality. Yep, I was like the two year old who had his favorite toy taken away. The life and fun was gone. I am only hoping that I am able to capture the film on" You tube", so I can share it with all my e-mail buddies. It was an experience I wished they could have seen in person. It was like seeing some cosmic historical event which would never again appear in my lifetime. All the drama of the flapping door which NASA didn't latch seemed to fade away. I guess the next step will be to watch the television to see the astronauts land on the International Space Station and start their repair work. They plan on adding an extra module, installing an extra bathroom and kitchenette. Plus, they are bringing the turkey dinners to the rest of the crew of the International Space Station. There are four space walks planned. It does sound like an interesting time. I forgot to mention after the shuttle launch came the sound of the engines roaring down the coastline generated like giant helicopter wing spin noises. This was also fun to listen from my house. Today mom goes to the farmer's market. We need to go get some fresh honey which is located in the town of Olsteen. I don't know if we will make it today. Plus the picture on today's blog is what we will be missing. Today is the exhibit of World War 2 planes which they have every year. This year an admission fee is a can of dog food to help the dogs at the local Humane Society. There is suppose to be a K-9 show at 1 p.m. in the afternoon. Two other events are suppose to take place. One our neighbor Pauline is sending her Granddaughter's boyfriend Wayne over to bring back a broken chair which he fixed. The other event is our neighbor Laurel is suppose to be taken to the beauty parlor for her Saturday hair beauty makeover.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:23 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    Quicksand. That is what your video experience sounded like. The harder you try, the deeper you sink. The more you struggle, the worse things seem to get. I am glad that you got to see the shuttle launch up close. I ran outside and it was quite bright considering how far I am from Kennedy Space Center. Are you and your mom coming to the Thanksgiving party at Holiday House? Have a good day and watch out for the quicksand. As they say "Some days you step in it and some days you don't". They were talking about quicksand, weren't they? Lew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home