turkey talk

Monday, July 21, 2008

It's Monday Where is the Coffee?




The winds of travel were with Mom and I as we took the car over to the North entrance of the beach to watch the people life and maybe see a few sea birds. There weren't any ships out on the
ocean. The waves were quite mellow. There was more action on a boogie board than on a surf board. This one young guy riding the boogie board had me laughing, because he would skim along the water and land on his backside. The boogie board seemed to slide out from underneath him and this is when he finally landed backside in the water. He didn't quit the quest to conquer the waves. He picked himself up and started the whole thing over again. Meantime, the surfers were still out in the ocean with the waves barely making a ripple. They were perched on their surf boards like pelicans waiting for the big fish they could grab for dinner. Sometimes it just doesn't happen.
The picture is of a wedding party on a Sunday night getting married in front of an Oasis backdrop set up in a ten minute frame next to the ocean. My mom said the bride was a pretty blond with a colorful bouquet and a strapless wedding dress. She also stated the groom wore a loose white Hawaiian looking shirt with loose shorts that went to his knee caps. In the picture, he is the third one from the Oasis tree scene. This would be quite different than the traditional groom wearing the traditional tuxedo.
When mom and I first arrived we walked through the viewing station where there was a viewing ledge and benches to sit on when you got tired of leaning against the ledge. Mom found herself a spot along the ledge and I came to join her. I could feel the wind blow kind of a cool breeze but not real cool. Their were a few Spanish speaking people there. I am very poorly educated in the Spanish dialect. Their words were uttered so fast it almost sounded like cavemen attempting to speak. However, there is a Universal language that every person and parent knows is the cry of a child.
This little kid I could not tell if he was a boy or she was a girl started crying. The child had a short hair cut and a earring in the ear. The youngster was being held I assumed by the father who could not speak a word of English, but you could tell had a special bond with the kid. The child could bellow out a cry like every Soprano would like to sound when trying for an audition for the Opera. The child could hit the high note and pierce every ear around with a high pitched scream. The dad with his foreign language calmed the kid down like some singing a soft lullaby. It was a happy ending for everyone around the child.
Mom and I left before sundown and came home to catch the last half of Sixty Minutes. I turned on my computer in hopes of getting some e-mail. A few people wrote, but not too many. Mom and I settled in late and I am up early on the computer with my coffee. The coffee keeps me clear headed and focused on the events of the day. I like it here at home with the quiet and the tapping of the computer keys and the train whistle way off in the distance.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:17 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    Any idea what that large silvery pipe is in the picture? It looks as though it bends and goes underground. I can't understand why it would be above ground instead of buried. I have seen natural gas pipeline for a powerplant that would come up out of the ground, cross over a canal and then bend and go back underground on the other side of the canal. I wonder if this pipeline could be something similar. Just curious. It sounds like home is your comfort zone. A place to be at peace with one's self. We all need a place like that. Stay cool.

     
  • At 6:11 AM, Blogger seaside said…

    The pipe is a part of the sand renourishment program to bring back the beach for every one to enjoy. The sand is pumped from the Intercoastal Waterway through the pipes to the beach and spread out to create more beach.The comfort zone is one of the blessings to have first thing in the morning. It comes with coffee and early think time when I wake up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home