turkey talk

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tuesday the middle of July


The month of July is half over and it seemed to pass too quickly. Mom was scheduled to go in to volunteer today, but the office isn't quite ready. The next scheduled date will be Thursday. I did see one of my former favorite Political figures on Larry King Live. It was Jesse Venture, the former Governor of Minnesota. Jesse was also a former wrestler who brought his experiences into the world of Politics. He seem to bring Minnesota back to life and when he left I was slightly sadden he wasn't going to be Governor anymore.
It had been so many years in between the time he was Governor to the present I didn't realize the type of physical changes, I would see on him. One change is that he let his hair grown out in back. He use to be just bald, but now it was bald up front with hair on the sides and in the back. Also, the hair had seemed to be dyed jet black. He also had a slight shaking of his movements. I did take notice, but I also did hear the same common sense values he had as Governor, he still has now.
It seems Jesse had settled in California along the seacoast where he can surf all the time he wants. It is kind of a laid back in touch with the sea and nature attitude. I wish him much happiness with life on the Coast. I also applaud Larry King for bringing such a refreshing point of view on his show. I like someone with an independent way of thinking. He does not conform to other view points and is not afraid to be criticized. It shows there is still hope for individual thought.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:24 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    Jesse Ventura was also a Navy seal, the best of the best. When I lived in San Diego I had a Navy seal and his wife living in the same apartment complex. He would practive his stealth tactics in the swimming pool at night and his wife would sit at the pools edge next to the water and watch. His goal was to come up to the surface and raise his head up out of the water without making a sound. It was difficult to accomplish and his wife would tell him whether there was any noise like dripping water. This was at the height of the Vietnam war era and I sometimes wonder if that young man made it through the war okay.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home