turkey talk

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Farm life


Sunday, here with the roosters crowing back and forth like a line of communication before the phones and cell phones. This is a language only Dr. Doolittle could understand. I can try to understand what they are feeling, but I am never really on their level. This was tested last night when my sister's neighbors decided to shoot off their fireworks. It seemed to scare my sister's dogs Solder and Morgan. Both were restless, and Soldier would cry with sympathy moans. The fireworks did cease around 10:30 in the evening. The dogs were returned to the outdoors by my sister Glendon.
Today, Glendon heads off to work on her last day of the weekend. She will work all day long feeding horses at the local University Vet School. She will come home late this evening very tired and in need of a Super hot shower to wash away the dirty load of the day. Mom and I haven't decided if we will stay tonight or head back to the beach today. I had one good cup of coffee and I think there is time later for us to make up our minds.
My main task this morning will be burning garbage. Glendon has a burn barrel in the backyard and we get rid of the trash this way. It is kind of fun watching it go up in smoke and the fire dying down to nothing. The burn barrel is located in Glendon's garden and I can check on the welfare of the chickens while I am burning garbage.
Glendon made a big pot of cooked oatmeal with raisins. I guess this will be breakfast this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home