turkey talk

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday Farewell


It is kind of sad when neighbor's move away. We have some neighbor's across the street who are moving to Eustis. They were renters and could not afford the rental money in today's economy. I figure in Eustis, places would be cheaper. However, Eustis does not have New Smyrna Beach. Both mom and I are going to miss these people, because they were a mom and dad with three very active young ladies. The oldest was named Mira and she had skin and hair dark like she had a dad who was from India. The middle was Summer who had bleach blond straight hair and played outside in her own little world of pretend. The youngest was Samantha or Sammy for short. Sammy was the littlest bleach blond who looked after her older sisters and they kind of looked after her.

Both mom and I knew this family casually and not to personal. The young ladies did come visit our backyard when they first moved in. Afterwards, they kept to themselves and played with kids their own age. Their mom also had long hair a bit darker than bleach blond. She wore it in a pony tail. She also was a hard worker who had a job at the nursing home down the street. I never got to know her name. She did seem friendly towards me, but would have me shivering in my boots every time she called her kids.

The house will seem a lot more empty after Wednesday which will be their last day here. Both mom and I will miss their youthful energy which they contributed towards the street neighborhood character. Their dad, the balding blond surfer will have to find entertainment in the country of Eustis. Maybe he can take up water skiing. The girls will have their fading memories of the beach and replacements of new ones in Eustis.

Now Eustis is not Houston, but they are similar sounding. Mom and I will go on with the rest of the neighbors and be involve with my sister Glendon's adventures. Mom also will do some volunteer work with the local Democratic club here getting ready for the big election. I will just enjoy each day as it comes and contribute where I can do good. Dinner today is a big roast which is ideal for a Sunday dinner, but that is many hours away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home