turkey talk

Monday, June 16, 2008

Is is Monday?


I guess it is Monday according to my computer which also says it is June 16, 2008 which is officially Lillian's birthday. What a thrill it is to soak in the hot coffee. The Folgers coffee just soaks through the skin. I can taste the caffeine saying Hello to my insides. Yesterday, we didn't get much in the rain department. It was hot, humid and mostly overcast. Today, the weatherman says we have a better change at getting the rain. Last night, I had purchased a paper from the local CVS store down the road. I had a young cashier check me out. I took the paper home and discovered the TV guide had been torn up. I took the paper back to CVS where an older lady tried to check me out. I told her I was bringing back the newspaper, because the middle was torn up. She accused me of reading the paper and she was not going to take a paper back that I read. I told her " I just bought the paper." She still tried to get me to exchange the purchase for something else. This was the last paper on the shelf for Sunday. I just wanted my money back. Fortunately, the cashier which originally sold me the paper stepped in to verify, I had just purchased the paper. The older cashier had no choice but to give me my money back. After we kind of joked about the TV guide being torn, I took the money and went home. I was puzzled on the inside to why someone would accuse me of reading the paper and then try to return it. I even had my sales slip which should have told them when I purchased the paper. The older cashier didn't even look at the slip. Mom said that I should have hollered for the Manager. She is right, but I didn't want to take the time. I just wanted to go home with the money.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:38 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    Minnie Pearl. A country western comedienne. And for those who are musically inclined to opera, she would appear at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville. I mention Minnie because the basis for her comedy act is that she would come out on stage with the price tags on a string still hanging from her hat and dress. The premise was that she didn't take them off so that she could return them after wearing them. So maybe the older cashier was a fan of Minnie Pearl. It had to have been an embarrasing experience. She should have checked the date and time on the receipt. What an adventure your daily trials and tribulations are. The water in the picture is such a pretty shade of light blue. I can tell by the long shadow of the girl extending into the water that it is late afternoon. The beach is very clean. Also it is not sugar sand. If it was, the car on the beach would be sunk in the sand up to the hubcaps. Puffy fingers. Today I have puffy fingers from all of the msg that I injested yesterday at the Chinese restaurant. They say that the msg is a flavor enhancer. If I just lay off the salt today the fingers will return to normal. But it was fun and tasty and Mary and I had a good time. The chinese restaurant wasn't crowded which made it nice. Have a good day. Lew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home