turkey talk

Friday, August 22, 2008

Pizza and Pork Chops



Two of the best combinations anyone can ask for is pizza and pork chops. This came about by a power outage. Mom originally wanted to make pork chops for dinner. I wanted something more exciting. I like pork chops, but I felt slightly cheated at lunch with Healthy Choice Wedding Soup. Mom tried to dress it up with a little ham and onions. However, I still thought it tasted strange. The power went out around two in the afternoon before the pork chops were cooked. An hour later, I was wondering where we were going to get dinner. I thought the power could be out all night. I broke down and called Domino's. They had power and were there in 45 minutes. The pizza cost almost twenty with tips and price of pizza. However, it was worth not having to cook and the convenience of having it delivered to the house. This is not something I would do everyday, but it is great on special occasions like a power outage. The power did come back on right before the pizza was delivered. The pizza was nice and hot. We also cooked the pork chops on the stove and mom ate one. I figured I could have it for lunch today. Plus, there is leftover pizza for lunch. I hear night crickets singing away. All the water from the storm has made them quite active in song. I see the eye of the storm is moving away from the East Coast. It also looks like the eye will be back in the Gulf of Mexico by later on today. It will be nice to see the sun shine and to dry clothes on the clothes line again. As far as putting the porch back to a pre-hurricane state, it will depend on when the next storm will be in our area. I hope there is time between storms to return to a normal state. It is nice to have power again. I am back on line with the world through the television and the Internet.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:41 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    As far as putting the porch back to a pre-hurricane state, it will depend on when the next storm will be in our area.
    I did the same thing once but it was with the shutters. The shutters were so difficult to put up and to take down. It would take all day to put them up. So I decided to leave the shutters on until the end of the hurricane season (November). Well after a couple of months I got a notice posted on my door from the county about the illegality of abandoned buildings. They thought because the house had been shuttered for a couple of months that it was abandoned. So I had to immediately remove the shutters. So be careful that you don't get a violation notice of abandoned property on your patio from the county. Food for thought, drag it all out onto the front yard and have a yard sale. Next hurricane you won't have to drag anything into your patio because it will all be gone (sold). How do you like my illogical logic. Anyway, the rains may stop but it will take a week for the ground to dry out which means 100% humidity and the heat of August. This is going to call for some crative thinking on how to stay cool. Have a good day and enjoy your pizza. My favorite pizza is the barbeque pizza at Cicci's. Do you have one in New Smyrna. There is a real nice Cicci's near Disney. But then all of the stores near Disney are nice. Stay cool. Lew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home