turkey talk

Friday, August 01, 2008

Friday before the sunrise


The trouble with time is when you oversleep, it tends to roll three times as fast as you want it. The storms really didn't come until late in the afternoon. I got the clothes out on the clothes line and back in around noon. The lawn guys came around three and the yard got sprinkled by mother nature without the lightening. The yard looks to be in pretty good shape. This is a picture of some purple flowers I took at the honey place in Olsteen, Florida. They have a few nice flowering plants that enhanced the image of the honey place. The hibiscus were small white flowers which looked like a small bouquet . There were bees buzzing around a small dark green sticky plant close to the flag pole in the middle of the yard. I wondered if the dark green sticky plant had like a sugar substance on it. I tried to capture a picture of the bees. It didn't turn out good. I think it was due to the fact my batteries was low on juice. My camera had a picture of a battery with not much juice in it. I changed out the batteries when I got home. It seemed to work much better.
Today is the first day of August and the weather seems to be pretty nice outside for 6:20 in the morning. It was also like this nice yesterday around this time. This may be a slight indication of a change of season.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:14 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    Nice picture with nice flowers. What is interesting is the leaves. Take a close look. It isn't so much as to what you see as to what you don't see. No black mold, no red rust, no white scale, no aphids, no snails. It is refreshing to see perfectly healthy leaves. I am plagued by all of these insect pests on the things that I try to grow. I suspect it was the snails that got to the tomatos. I don't use chemical pesticides because we are on well water and whatever pesticides are used, we will be drinking in a month or two. I was thinking of getting live lady bugs from the Larson nursery and butterfly encounter. But they are $ 10.00 for a very small bag of them and the man at the nursery said that the lady bugs will fly away. I tried dishwashing liquid on the grape leaves for aphids. It got rid of the aphids but it also severely damaged the grape leaves. The only things that seem to grow real well and healthy are weeds. Like the dog fennel plant that I had growing. I think that if I moved to Kansas, the state corn crop would mysteriously die and be replaced by the healthiest weeds ever seen. Do I sound like a pessimist? Just a little tongue-in-cheek humor for my ongoing gardening problems. What about the ants? They are still victorious and building an underground metropolis in the backyard. Have a cool August morning.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home