turkey talk

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Rainy Weather


It seems that being on the go all the time makes it hard to keep track of the weather. I did drive through some rain yesterday, but I missed the worst of it that came while I was working. Usually when the subject is about the weather, a person would really have nothing to say. This is the hurricane season and rain is almost a full time activity for me. Rain makes vegetation greener and cuts down on the chances of wildfires. We had a dry spell the previous month and had wildfires which closed down our roads. It also scorched the pine trees that were probably scheduled to be bull dozed to make way for the new sub-division. The main artery road was closed down one day and that stopped me from going to work. I figured the other ways would take to long and the day would be gone by the time I got to work so I called in and had a day at home. Before hurricanes come, I arrange more time off from work and mom and I go over to my sister' house and set up camp until the storms are gone. Is this dramatic weather due to global Warming? I couldn't say for sure, but it makes me want the fall and the winter season back again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home