turkey talk

Saturday, October 14, 2006

The feel of fall


It is Saturday the 14 th. day of October and the day is over. Mom and I had dinner which was a pork loin cooked in the crock pot for five hours with barbecue sauce. It turned out real good and the sauce thickened up. The weather has been on the cool side and there has been little need for the air conditioning. I got to talk with my Uncle from California and he is going into the hospital to remove a broken bone in his nose. He said he got that way as a kid playing football and the ball hit him in the nose. It feels like fall and I like seeing the golden rod out in bloom and the rain trees change from yellow to red. The pumpkins are being sold at the Methodist church for Halloween or a very large pumpkin pie. My sister has only one more day of work this weekend and then she has next week to recover and do things around her place. I voted absentee so I don't have to worry about voting on Election day. I am glad to have that taken care of so I can listen to the results that night to see how everyone's vote counts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home